During these difficult times, everyone is understandably waiting for their COVID-19 economic impact payment of $1,200. To reflect in their bank account. We understand that anxiety is the order of the day, especially when you were told to not apply. And just relax while waiting. As people, we are used to being in control and would have wanted to make. At least a few entries on the IRS website to get satisfaction.
However, we are here to remind you that, even if your neighbor’s payment has reflected. You can still wait on yours as long as you fall under one of these categories;
- Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
- Individuals who receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
- Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement benefits
If you are like the ones described above, you certainly will receive your share because your details are readily available. And, the good news is, beginning mid-April, you will be able to visit the IRS’ website and check the status of your payment in the comfort of your home.
The application will be used to;
- Check your payment status
- Confirm your payment type: is it direct deposit or check
- Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don’t have your direct deposit information and we haven’t sent your payment yet
We also understand that too much information is being passed out there, and it gets confusing sometimes. When it is like that with you, do not hesitate to speak to us. We are glad to be of assistance regarding the current COVID-19 payments and all your other tax filing queries for this season and the next.
Ps: If you have a question about what is happening? And what needs to be done get Coronavirus Stimulus check. Go to our Coronavirus FAQ: The Cares Act. Don’t forget that we can help you file your taxes! Have a Free Quick tax Chat with your Dave Ramsey Endorsed Tax Accountant