The U.S treasury and the IRS unveiled the new Get My Payment web application with features to let taxpayers check on their COVID-19 related Economic Impact Payment date and update direct deposit information. This comes as more than 80 million economic impact payments began to reflect in taxpayers’ accounts, which in itself is a welcome development to a process that many were wondering how their money was going to be paid out.
Available only via the IRS’ website, the application will allow taxpayers to;
- Provide their banking information if they did not use direct deposit on their last tax return
- Quickly, and easily check the status of their payment, all in real-time
Here is additional information about the Get My Payment Web application;
- It is updated once every day, therefore, taxpayers are urged to use it only once in a day
- Besides just checking for payment and adding banking details, taxpayers can accelerate their payments by providing the following information on the application;
- Their Adjusted Gross Income from their most recent tax return submitted, either 2019 or 2018
- The refund or amount owed from their latest filed tax return
- Bank account type, account, and routing numbers
- The application cannot update bank account information after an Economic Impact Payment has been scheduled for delivery
- IRS says a Spanish version of this App will be unveiled in a few weeks
The IRS will keep on updating taxpayers about any changes to the Economic Impact Payments, therefore, you need to also keep getting these updates. Get on our mailing list to keep yourself updated about upcoming changes and announcements.
Ps: If you have a question about what is happening and what needs to be done get Coronavirus Stimulus check. Go to our Coronavirus FAQ: The Cares Act. Don’t forget that we can help you file your taxes! Have a Free Quick tax Chat with your Dave Ramsey Endorsed Tax Accountant.